May 13, 2010

Modern Gingham Opens


It was a crazy whirlwind of no sleep, creative chaos and a massive will to get it done. But with a lot of help from friends and heaven above we did it! Panic started setting in around 4 in the morning the evening before getting everything set up... I was sure that our space would not be full and it would look too sparse, but it was divinely perfect. The three of us brought our individual inventory and not only was it a perfect fit but the colors, the style everything looks wonderful together.

It's at this wonderful place called the Shabby House. They make having your own shop a breeze... since they provide the space and sell your items for you, only taking a small fee and a low monthly charge for your building. It's a great way for us to test the waters and see how all our creations sell.

















So here is what we look like... a little shabby chic, a little re-crafting and a lot of fun!

But... I also want to show you the other fun we have been having! Our fairy garden is coming together and my girls are having a whimsical time with all these little critters and fairies.


I made little wood tables and chairs yesterday from cedar rounds I cut with the chop saw and then drilled tiny holes for baling wire... so cute, you just want to shrink down and have a spot of tea with the fairy clan living here.



Have a beautiful week!

19 comments:

Tonia w/ Chic Modern Vintage said...

Found you via the tickled pink link up. This is the cutest.

Natasha said...

Fabulous images of the Shabby House. I hope it is a huge success. The fairy clan will no doubt bring you lots of luck!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Jane said...

The fairy garden is magical!

The shop looks great. I love everything about it - the name, the items, the feel. So GREAT for you!!!

Nikki said...

Wow Congratulations on your shop! How pretty your fairy garden is!!! following you from tickled pink!

Terra said...

Oh I just love fairy gardens. Too cute!

Permission to Unwind said...

YAY!!! I'm so head-over-heels excited for you, my dear friend! It's wonderful, OF COURSE!

Today Scott asked me to send away to BSU for info on the RN program!! Just thought you might want to know. Keep your fingers crossed. We may be neighbors yet!

Holly said...

Well, I love the name of your store and I wish I could go shopping there...so my style! Congrats!

The fairy garden...too cute for words. There is a fairy tree in the neighborhood and the fairies leave little trinkets for the kids.

THANKS for linking up.

DECORICA said...

That table is so adorable - very creative! Love the acorn tops as bowls.

rachel said...

So happy for you that the shop is up and running. It looks fabulous!

Joanne said...

Congrats on the store! Can't wait to see more!!!

Heather @ Gerber Days said...

Modern Gingham looks amazing! I love the outfit you displayed! Lovely lovely. You are quite an amazing gal, I must say. Hard work ALWAYS pays off.

Cute little fairy garden! What fun for the kids!

Loves! xx

C@Favourite Vintage Finds said...

Modern Gingham looks fantastic! Congrats! And what an adorable little fairy garden! :)

Lourie said...

Oh my goodness that is so unbelievably adorable! I love it. My girls would go crazy for it.

Crafty Girls Workshop said...

How is the shop going? Did you sell out on the first day? I'm sure you're so busy and that's why you haven't had much time to post. Such cute stuff! I wish I could visit your shop!

Anna

Amy said...

Found you on Tickled Pink! Much luck on your Modern Gingham endeavors!!

Al said...

This is Sooo cute, love it

malia said...

love your store and the fairies!

AmyJo said...

I can't wait to visit Modern Gingham ... if I can just have a free weekend all to myself!!!

Isabelle said...

Yes I do want to have a spot of tea with the fairy's. Thank you for helping me and Anne with the fairy garden. It wouldn't look the same with out it. Love ya!