The first shirt is Burda 7831. It was a more complicated shirt that I took the liberty of changing and adding some elements that I wanted, like the piping, the under collar is orange and the additional buttons. The waist was really short which worked out for me, but anyone else making this should take that into consideration. I wear it with a high waist skirt or make sure and put a tank top underneath. The pattern also did not have you finish the button plate or underarm seams very well for how well the rest of the shirt was designed.
This pattern is Vogue 8634, it has a full and 3/4 sleeve option. It is fantastic. I had it finished and on in an hour. I will make it again for sure. I added the rickrack at the empire waist and chose a really lightweight T-shirt cotton that I have to wear a tank top with, but I love this shirt. Contrary to the other pattern this one has a ridiculously long waist and if I were a pencil (memories) it would make a great tunic, but the waist has widened and it doesn't hang as it should. :) So I shortened the waist by 4 inches.
I am having so much fun!
Happy Sewing ~
oh, oh, oh! Our little store will be open on May 8th... the pressure is on!